Information Collection and Use
When you register as a Bill Payer with GeneralBilling.com, we ask for your name, full address, phone numbers, email address, birth date and in some cases your tax ID number. Once you register with GeneralBilling.com and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. This information is used to protect all users of our system.
GeneralBilling.com also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, our cookie information and the page you requested.
When using our payment services, we may ask you for payment card information including account numbers, cardholder name, expiration date or service code (collectively, cardholder data). We also ask for your address, phone numbers, email addresses and other contact information.
We use information for four general purposes: to deliver billing or payment confirmation information to you, to customize the content you see on our pages, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to contact you about specials and new products.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
General BSI will only provide personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- The information is for the specific purpose of delivering billing information;
- A payment is charged back, or otherwise dishonored, and the information is required by your payee to contact you;
- For your protection, the information is for the purpose of authenticating your identity while accessing our system;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of General BSI to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
General BSI may set and access our cookies on your computer and General BSI allows other companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to General BSI’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
You may request deletion of your General BSI account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment Processing and Data Storage
The processes that we use to capture and manage cardholder data are based on PCI DSS compliance standards. Additionally, GeneralBilling.com uses a third-party payment processor for the secured processing of payment transactions; while we are responsible for the safe transport of cardholder data to the payment processor, no confidential full track cardholder information relative to payment transactions is stored by General BSI. Our payment processor has permission to store, on behalf of General BSI, all cardholder data pertaining to executed payment transactions with the goal of ensuring a secure method of payment and proof of purchase archive, allowing for the protection of our members, and for follow-up as needed. Our payment processor vendors fully adhere to PCI standards regarding secure storage of data, strong access control and other requirements. Additional information regarding PCI compliance is available online at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/.
- Your General BSI Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- NOTE: General BSI will NEVER ask you for your User Name or Password via Email!
- In certain areas General BSI uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
General BSI may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions send an email to email@example.com